PostgreSQL also known as Postgres, is a free and open-source relational database management system (RDBMS) emphasizing extensibility and SQL compliance. It was originally named POSTGRES, referring to its origins as a successor to the Ingres database developed at the University of California, Berkeley.
- PostgreSQL installation;
- pgAdmin or phpPgAdmin installation for web management;
- import and export of databases;
- master and slave configuration;
- restore the database from a specific point in time after a crash or disaster;
- development of automatisms to check the operating status and to anticipate possible problems.