There are many interesting features that should not be underestimated:
- the data is always in your network (it is easier to comply with the GDPR for privacy);
- access is possible via web, with the Nextcloud client for Desktop for Windows, Linux or Mac, with both Android and IOS smartphones at the respective stores;
- ability to encrypt data end-to-end;
- the files can be stored on the server’s local disk but also on external services;
- you can install many very useful plugins such as mail client service, contacts, calendar, document viewers and many others as from its app store;
- user authentication can also be enabled via plugins with LDAP or IMAP servers or others in order to simplify management.