As a System administrator we can quickly resolve problems on your servers or services.
New server, vm, esxi, VirtualBox, LXD installation or migration
We are available for new installations of physical servers and operating systems:
- wiring and rack installation of the new physical server;
- hardware configuration such as raid cards;
- operating system installation;
- data migration if necessary
When installing a new server or vm to place a service available via the internet, it is necessary to pay attention to each configuration of each package in such a way as to limit as much as possible intrusions to the unwanted server such as viruses or the removal of personal information or private company material.
If possible, a firewall and an antivirus should be inserted.
- raid and logical volumes configuration;
- Firewall rules settings to ensure security;
- depending on the service provided, the antivirus could be configured;
- environment configuration for creating virtual machines if you are working on an esxi or VirtualBox or LXD;
- services configuration to be able to connect: ssh, vpn, ftp, web servers like Apache web servers or Nginx, web accelerators like Squid or Varnish, load balancers like HAProxy;
- configuration of other services such as e-mail, dns, ldap and more
To understand in advance a problem that could occur or in any case to be able to intervene quickly on a malfunction it is necessary to have a monitoring system.
In the simplest cases, monitoring could only be internal to the server, while in all other cases it would be useful to provide for both internal and external monitoring that provides for notifications to the manager.
- monitoring via cron of the operating system
- preparation of internal monitoring script
- monitoring via external service such as Icinga
- timely intervention to restore the detected problem
Server or data backup
For security reasons and to guarantee the continuity of your services it is necessary to have a backup system that allows you to restore a single data or the entire system at a given time identified as stable and not corrupt.
A data or file or the entire file system could be corrupted or no longer usable for several reasons:
- due to an error by an employee or operator;
- for problems with the software;
- because the file system has become corrupted;
- due to hardware problems;
- for a computer virus.
We can implement the backup in different ways based on the customer’s choice such as:
- backup to local disk (but in this way we will be at risk operator and virus or hardware problems);
- remote backup using software like NetBackup or similar;
- on a cloud space such as Amazon S3 or Glacier or others.
Once the type of backup is defined, we will set the time policies in which all or part of the data will be copied, when to make a complete backup and instead when to do only the incremental.