OJS version update
Updating OJS from one version to another must be done very carefully by first preparing a secure backup of the database, the software and the uploaded files and then updating the software.
In the case of important problems you need to know how to restore to the state of the previous version using the backup.
In the case of Updates to versions with significant changes to the software it is useful to carry out updates on a copy of the site to verify a priori the changes and possible problems together with the customer.
- Version 2.x update
- Version 3.x update
- Update from version 2.x to 3.x
Improvement or change of the graphic theme
Sometimes there is a need to change a poorly made translation or a sentence with another but you don’t know how to do it.
You don’t like the graphic theme anymore or you want to make it similar to your main site but you don’t know how to do it.
Some graphic aspects are not satisfactory or you could get rid of something but you are not able to do it yourself.
- change graphic theme;
- theme improvement;
- change to CSS;
- change of mistranslations or phrases
OJS theme demo
- Logo Animation and sticky menu
- background gradients
- Add remote fonts
- Home page Sliders
- Header image
- The list of journals in multiple columns according to the screen resolution
- Possibility of customizations
- Sidebar at top as slider
- sidebar at bottom as slider
- sidebar on left
- sidebar on right
- hidden sidebar
Bugs and troubleshooting
Sometimes, compared to the installed version of OJS, many bugs have already been corrected or features have been added.
You would like to do things that the OJS backoffice doesn’t provide but that would be very useful and you don’t know how to proceed to help the editors or reviewers.
- in your installed version there are bugs and you would like to solve them;
- an editor has created a new Round unintentionally and would like to go back;
- an editor has accepted a Submission or has passed into Copyediting but is wrong and would like to go back;
- a reviewer gave an opinion but would like to go back because he was wrong or forgotten about something;
- an author has filed a submission but would like to correct metadata or add an attachment but you don’t know how to do it;
- you would like to change a translation;
- you would like to ask to develop a feature not yet introduced in OJS but you don’t know how to do it or you don’t have the time to do it.