We can install and configure a secure mail server to manage your company email based on Postfix email server to send and receive while we will use Dovecot for reading emails and as a common database the MySQL database.
Thus it will be possible to manage multiple domains at the same time and have disk quota management by single box or by domain.
For the web management of emails the famous free software RoundCube and the configuration of Sender Policy Framework (SPF) and DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) so that the emails do not end up in spam.
If, on the other hand, your needs are those of configuring Postfix only for shipping to your CMS or for your service on a VM or as relayhost or smarthost to your main email domain we are happy to assist you in configuring.
Postfix what can we do
Here is a non-exhaustive list of things we can do for your email server with Postfix:
- install and configure Postfix according to your needs;
- install MySQL as a database for Postfix for advanced use and to share configurations with other software such as Dovecot , and various filters;
- install and configure Dovecot to read email via imap , pop3 ;
- install and configure SSL certificates for Dovecot and Postfix and for the web part (if installed);
- install and configure ClamAV as an antivirus;
- install and configure SpamAssassin as a spam filter;
- install Amavisd-new as an additional email filter;
- insert the records SPF, DKIM and DMARK in the DNS;
- install and configure the DKIM service as a filter for Postfix;
- install and configure RoundCube to have access to email via the web (requires Apache web server );
- install and configure Postfix Admin to manage the Postfix server as administrator as mail domains, boxes, aliases, and quotas per box or per domain (requires the Apache web server );
- possibility to install the filter Postgrey for greylist for Postfix;
- we verify with the personalized tests both the good functioning and the security of the server also through external services like mail-tester .
To understand in advance a problem that could occur or in any case to be able to intervene quickly on a malfunction it is necessary to have a monitoring system.
In the simplest cases, the monitoring may just be internal to the server while in all other cases it would be useful to provide a monitoring both inside and outside providing notifications to the administrator.
- monitoring via cron of the operating system
- preparation of internal monitoring script
- monitoring via external service such as Icinga
- timely intervention to restore the detected problem
Postfix backup or VM data backup
For security reasons and to guarantee the continuity of your services it is necessary to have a backup system that allows you to restore the service at a given time identified as stable and not corrupt.
We can implement the backup in different ways based on the customer’s choice such as:
- backup to local disk (but in this way we will be at risk operator and virus or hardware problems);
- remote backup using software like NetBackup or similar;
- on a cloud space such as Amazon S3 or Glacier or others.