EPrints is a document management system aimed at Higher Educational institutions and individuals.
EPrints has been used to provide Open Access to research results, sharing of educational resources and providing portfolios of work.
It has a flexible metadata and workflow model to support varied business needs as well as interaction with other Web and institutional systems.
For more information on Eprints click here.
EPrints version update
The upgrade of EPrints from one version to the other must be done with great care by first preparing a secure backup of the database, the software and the uploaded files and then updating the software.
In the case of important problems you need to know how to restore to the state of the previous version using the backup.
In the case of Updates to versions with significant changes to the software, it is useful to carry out updates on a copy of the site to verify a priori changes and possible problems together with the customer.
- Version 2.x update
- Version 3.x update
- Upgrade from version 2.x to 3.x
- Update to the latest version
Improvement/change graphic theme
Sometimes you need to change a misunderstood translation or a sentence with another one but you don’t know how to do it.
You don’t like the graphic theme anymore or you want to make it similar to your main site but you don’t know how to do it.
Some graphic aspects are not satisfactory or you could get rid of something but you are not able to do it yourself.
- Change graphic theme;
- theme improvement;
- change some aspects of CSS;
- modification of incorrect translations or sentences
Bugs and troubleshooting on EPrints
Sometimes, compared to the installed version of EPrints, many bugs have already been corrected or features have been added.
Sometimes, instead, you would like to do things that the EPrints backoffice doesn’t provide but that would be very useful.
- In your installed version there are bugs and you would like to solve them;
- you would like to add a new plugin or create a new one;
- you would like to add a new authentication method;
- you would like to change a translation;
- you would like to limit the maximum upload size;
- you would like to use an antivirus on the documents being loaded;
- you would like to use the IRStats2 plugin for statistics;
- you have problems registering the DOI via DataCite;
- you would like to automate data entry for H2020 projects;
- You would like to have an OAI-PMH output compatible with the guidelines OpenAIRE in order to register your collection;
- you would like to ask to develop a feature not yet introduced in EPrints but you don’t know how to do it or you don’t have the time to do it