We can help you create or configure your DNS, create a DNS domain for your intranet, change registrations or pass your domain to another provider or move it to your server to have free control over every aspect.
Installation or migration of a DNS
We are available for new installations or migrations of DNS servers.
Here is a list of things we can do for your DNS:
- install a new DNS or migrate an existing one to another provider or to an old version;
- configure the DNS parameters;
- configure domains and DNS sub domains;
- make safe and prevent external attacks;
- enable, if requested, the DNSSEC for the security and validity of the data transmitted;
- keep the service updated from known bugs.
- limit the transfer of the DNS zone to a minimum to avoid external attacks;
- insert particular records as SPF, DKIM or DMARK
To understand in advance a problem that could occur or in any case to be able to intervene quickly on a malfunction it is necessary to have a monitoring system.
In the simplest cases, the monitoring may just be internal to the server while in all other cases it would be useful to provide a monitoring both inside and outside providing notifications to the administrator.
- monitoring via cron of the operating system
- preparation of internal monitoring script
- monitoring via external service such as Icinga
- timely intervention to restore the detected problem
DNS server or data backup
For security reasons and to guarantee the continuity of your services it is necessary to have a backup system that allows you to restore the service at a given time identified as stable and not corrupt.
We can implement the backup in different ways based on the customer’s choice such as:
- backup to local disk (but in this way we will be at risk operator and virus or hardware problems);
- remote backup using software like NetBackup or similar;
- on a cloud space such as Amazon S3 or Glacier or others.