We can help you configure your company network by dividing what an office can see over others and creating a DMZ on servers that provide services such as your web intranet, internal e-mail and the data management part such as databases and NAS.
Of course we also check the antivirus part, the prevention through firewall and intrusion detection and the aspects associated with the installation of a VPN to be able to access in complete safety even from the outside.
- We verify the initial situation by giving you an account of what you should invest;
- installation and configuration of a firewall for protection from the outside and, if required, also for internal networks;
- configuring a VPN for secure external access to the corporate network;
- installation, configuration, customization and replacement of NAS as needed;
- installation and configuration of an LDAP server for shared user management;
- DNS installation for the internal domain and for the domain associated with the company;
- installation and configuration of a complete e-mail domain service on company servers.
Company network monitoring
To understand in advance a problem that could occur or in any case to be able to intervene quickly on a malfunction it is necessary to have a monitoring system.
In the simplest cases, the monitoring may just be internal to the server while in all other cases it would be useful to provide a monitoring both inside and outside providing notifications to the administrator.
- monitoring via cron of the operating system
- preparation of internal monitoring script
- monitoring via external service such as Icinga
- timely intervention to restore the detected problem
Company network and data backup
For security reasons and to guarantee the continuity of your services it is necessary to have a backup system that allows you to restore the service at a given time identified as stable and not corrupt.
We can implement the backup in different ways based on the customer’s choice such as:
- backup to local disk (but in this way we will be at risk operator and virus or hardware problems);
- remote backup using software like NetBackup or similar;
- on a cloud space such as Amazon S3 or Glacier or others.